Investing in Energy Efficiency
It May Be Time to Invest in an Energy-Efficient HVAC System
A heating, ventilation and cooling system (HVAC) accounts for more than half of the energy used in a typical U.S. home, making it the largest energy expense for most families, according to the Department of Energy. Now may be the perfect time to invest in energy efficiency, by upgrading or adding a higher-efficiency furnace and air conditioner to your home.
The higher the efficiency of an air conditioner or furnace, the more sophisticated the unit, and the more it tends to cost. Despite the higher price, energy-efficient units reward homeowners with reduced energy bills and more comfort. In fact, the higher efficiency a product, the lower the long-term energy costs will be. You could see your additional investment paid back in a few short years due to energy savings. How long will it take for the system to pay off? We can help break down all the numbers for you.
The key is to make responsible, cost-effective improvements that add value to your home with minimal impact to your wallet. As you research all your options, you might want to consider:
- Can your budget handle a new HVAC system, furnace or air conditioner?
- Is your system already in need of frequent repairs? Is your equipment more than 10 years old?
- Does it make sense to purchase a system with higher upfront costs if it will last longer?
- How long will it take to recover the additional cost for high-efficiency equipment through reduced monthly utility bills?
- Is it possible to offset the price of a new HVAC system with tax credits, utility incentives or manufacturer rebates?
- Have you considered lowering your energy costs with a programmable thermostat?
- Have you considered using high quality filters and changing them more frequently in an effort to lower utility costs?
- Could air leaks in your home and ductwork be the cause of high utility bills, rather than your system?
- Did you know that financing may be available with approved credit?
Advanced Comfort Systems offers heating and cooling products that come in a range of efficiency ratings—from minimum industry requirements to some of the world’s most efficient—to meet every need. Let us help you understand all the options available and choose the heating and cooling products that are right for you, whether you’re replacing an existing HVAC system or choosing one for new construction